ASB Robotics Workshop Guidelines and Permissions
General Safety Practices
- Eye protection must be worn at all times when working with tools and equipment.
- Power tools may not be operated unless the teacher is present.
- Compressed air can be dangerous; do not blow directly on the skin. Use under 35 PSI if used on your person. Turn on regulators slowly.
- If you are not certain if what you are doing is safe, stop and get your teacher.
- No open shoes, sandals or bare feet are allowed in a work area.
- Only a student who has passed his/her safety test may operate machinery.
- All loose clothing, jewelry, and long hair must be removed or confined.
- Sharp points and edges should always be carried facing down,if there is a cover then that must be on
- Damage to tools or equipment must be reported to your teacher immediately.
- Fires involving electrical equipment should only be extinguished with a fire extinguisher and not water.
- Any spilled liquids must be cleaned up immediately.
- Rags containing oil based or other flammable liquids must be put in a closed metal container.
- Your hands must be dry before touching electrical switches and plugs.
- Use a brush to clean chips, shavings, and small scraps from machines and workstations.
- All students must ask Mr. Kilbane for permission before using power tools.
- All special setups must be inspected and approved by Mr. Kilbane.
- Only the worker should occupy the work area around machines.
- Students are encouraged to use push sticks, push blocks, and feather boards whenever possible. Blades must be stopped before leaving the machines.
- You are expected to behave in a mature fashion. NEVER ENGAGE IN HORSEPLAY IN THE SHOP!